Wednesday, February 10, 2010

You Put What In Where?

Yes, Jase did it! He pulled the ol' "this can fit in there" and shoved it up! Figured out what I'm talking about, yet???

Well, tonight at dinner we had chicken sandwiches, french fries and corn. As he was finishing up his last bite of corn a kernel kind of fell off the spoon as he was putting it in mouth. It didn't fall off to the ground but more like the bite was too big and his upper lip knocked it off resulting in the corn kernel landing right under his nose. See where this story is going now???

He caught it with his hand and the next thing I know his finger is up his nose and he is laughing hysterically saying he has corn up his nose. We do a quick investigation and sure enough, a bright yellow kernel is wedged perfectly in his little nostril!

Anyone who has seen my nails know they are the perfect booger picking nails; especially my pinkie nail. I am always getting boogers out of Jase's nose . We even joke that I am performing surgery and my nail is my surgical instrument. So, I figured I wouldn't have any problem getting the corn out. No such luck; it was wedged in there good and I was terrified of jamming it up there even further. So as I got the phone book up to call his doctor, Rob starts trying to get him to blow it out. Thankfully he blew it out right as I was dialing the number, saving us a trip to the ER.

Needless to say we had to have a big discussion about how things don't go in your nose. But the whole time he is cracking up laughing like the incident was the most hilarious thing he's ever done. I'm just praying he got the message and won't try pulling a stunt like this again!

No comments: