Monday, February 8, 2010

Writing

Judging by all the writing Jase has done today, he will be doing his own blogs soon. He has been all about his ABC's lately and Mommy is thrilled! I introduced him to his lower case letters yesterday and he picked them up immediately; it was if he knew them all along. After playing with his magnets all day he said he wanted to write his letters. He had gotten this see-through dry erase board that has different tracing sheets you put under the board for his birthday and I figured that would be a great start. First, he wanted to do his name, so I wrote his name in dots so he had to connect them. Then he traced over the letters in every color pen.

After his name, he wanted to tackle his upper and lower case letters. He did great! On a couple of the letters, like the "H" he would trace it from right to left, but after I told him it went the other way he tried really hard to remember and do it right. As you can see, he did the "m" right. He was so proud of himself that he even took his own pictures of his work with his camera.

No comments: