Most kids are ketchup fans. Why wouldn't they be? It does go hand in hand with hot dogs, hamburgers, french fries and chicken nuggets. Our Jase though, is a ketchup junkie! I guess I have been around him long enough that I don't even think twice when I see him dipping everything under the sun in the much loved condiment. Today at lunch, though, he caught some unsuspecting companions off guard.
I always try to order Jase nice, healthy meals when we go out. So I was pleased when I saw a peanut butter and jelly sandwich on the kids menu served with fresh fruit instead of french fries. And even more pleased when I saw the variety of fruit they offered. Pineapple, orange, melon, and cantaloupe slices over-flowed his plate along with the sandwich. Like usual, he cleared a spot on his plate and said, "Ketchup, mama. Please. Right there", pointing at the little spot he cleared. Maybe I should have said no, realizing that PB&J nor fruit really require ketchup. But I had given him a couple of my fries, so why not?
I'll tell you why not...because he proceeded to eat the fries, ketchup free, and dip the fruit, or shall I say smother the fruit, in the ketchup. And don't forget the sandwich...it was ketchup coated as well as it made its way into his mouth. And although Kyme and Will chuckled at his dipping addiction, I could tell by their wrinkled noses and the slight sign of disgust on their faces that he didn't start a new food fad. And I'm pretty sure, that as they headed home, they added "ketchup dipping" to their "Why we shouldn't have kids" list.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment