Today was such a big day in Jase's life. He started pre-school! He was so excited about going that he actually posed for multiple pictures.
Rob had gotten home from work early so we could both take Jase to school. Him and Jase took Benji's truck (Rob was dumping off some scrap metal) and I was in my car because I was going to be going to work for a couple hours. They went straight to the school and I went to the grocery store to get Jase the banana he just had to have for his snack. When I met them at the school, Jase was hanging out the truck window shouting, "Mommy's here! Mommy's here! Lets go in!" But before he'd step in the school, he had to check his bag on more time to make sure his banana was in it.
We finally went into the school and most of the teachers were still in the lunch room eating. So, everyone was just waiting in the hall. Well, Jase was standing in the door way whispering to the one teacher that was in his room, "Can I come in now? How bout now? Can I come in?" Finally she said to come on in. I looked back at us, said, "I can go in now" and zoom....he was gone! He went straight to his cubby, hung up his bag and sat down and started playing. He never looked back at us once!
The teachers have instructed us, that when we pick the kids up to remain in our cars until they have walked back from recess and have gotten back in the classrooms. I caught this picture of Jase walking back in the school.
When I went in to get him, the teacher said he did great. When I was putting him to bed that night, I told him how proud Daddy and I were of him for being such a big boy. I told him that pretty soon he wouldn't even need us. That is when he was supposed to say that he would always need us. But, no, not Jase. He gets all excited and bug eyed and says, "Really! What time will that be!?!" Ha Ha!
No comments:
Post a Comment