Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Home Alone

Yesterday Rob got stuck working a night shift so it was just Jase, Alice, and me for dinner. So, I decided to take advantage of the cheap tab without Rob's beer and appetizer and entree, and the excuse of not having meals portioned in the freezer for just the three of us, and go out to eat. Jase has been on this new kick where he doesn't want to leave. If we are leaving the house, he doesn't want to go bye-byes; he wants to stay home. If we are out, and we are leaving to come home, he doesn't want to go home; he wants to stay where he's at. So, as he crossed his arms across his chest and pouted "I don't want to go to Applebees" I decided to see what he would do if we just left him home. So me and Alice got our jackets on and I kept telling him we were leaving and he was gonna stay home with just Henny. He was perfectly okay with that and told us bye. So we went outside and I shut the door up behind us. I went out to the car, started it, and then me and Alice decided to peek in the window to see what he was doing. I was just sure he was gonna be upset at the door crying for his ma-ma. NOT!!! He was standing there, looking right back at us, with the hugest grin on his face, and waving bye. He honestly could have cared less whether we left him or not. Now don't go calling the authorities or anything. I did go back in and get him before we left. But the that grin and wave he gave us were truly hysterical and priceless!

No comments: