Sunday, February 22, 2009
Ice-Skating
We have been talking about going ice skating for quite some time now and finally got the courage up to give it a whirl. After making the decision to go, we had to ask ourselves: Do we take Jase? I've only been ice skating like twice in my life; the last time being when I was like seven. Rob had never been. So we didn't know if either on of us would even be able to take him out on the ice. I turned out to be a wall hugger. I was okay as long as I was going slow and close to the wall for security. Rob did much better, but he was definitely still very wobbly and took quite a few spills. So I think the fear on Jase's face when we tried to take him out on the ice while we were wearing skates was quite warranted.
Thank goodness for the nice employees at the Fredricksburg Ice Park, though, because they just looked the other way when I decided to take him out in my shoes. Surprisingly, the ice really isn't that slippery when you don't have skates on. Once he knew I was steady, he really had some fun. Mostly chasing after Daddy.
Grandpa Jack and Grandma Betty met us at the rink to watch us, or to laugh at us, I'm still not sure. So while me and Rob were out making fools of ourselves, Jase was spending some quality time with them, laughing at his parents.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment