Sunday, December 14, 2008

Kids and Computers

I remember our first family computer. We got it when I was in middle school. It was a Comodore 64 that was passed down from my grandfather. It was a huge, ugly machine that sat in the corner of our living room. When you turned it on you could hear the loud hum throughout the entire house. The images on the screen were boxy and it took floppy disks. Now I don't mean the the hard little floppy disks kids today already think are ancient. I mean the old, big, really floppy disks. And it didn't even have a mouse. Today, kids relationships with computers are so different than they were with my generation. Jase is already using our computer....and he's only two! He likes to go to noggin.com and play hide-in-seek with some of his favorite cartoon characters. He thinks he is so grown sitting in Mommy's chair playing.

No comments: